Zumba is a program with combination of dance and fitness. Created by the Colombian dancer and choreographer Alberto “Beto” Perez during the 90’s, zumba involves aerobics and dance, which are matched to the appropriately selected tracks. As an innovative form of fitness it is based on simple dance moves performed to energetic music which comes from the following dance styles: salsa, hip-hop, soca, samba, rumba, reggaeton. Classes are taught only by instructors licensed by Zumba Fitness, LLC.
Zumba is also an endurance training, aerobic and cardio and it is usually an hour long. Alternating fast and slow rhythms burn fat, slim the silhouette and improve the physical condition. There are several different types of Zumba classes from Aqua Zumba workouts to classes like Zumba Step, Zumba Toning, Zumba Gold or even Zumba classes for kids.
Zumba is great for both the body and the mind. In other words is for everyone who likes to move to music regardless of age, dance experience or skills because it is easy to adjust to individual needs and abilities.
- Wear comfortable sporting shoes and clothes
- Drink water beetwen and after lesson
- Warm Up – Warming up before exercise is essential for muscle health. Dance and aerobics activities increase breathing and heart rate.
- Choreography- steps are interesting and simple you can mix main steps, choose music as you like and create your own style. However you move is perfect.
- Coool down and streach – main goal of cooldown to reduce is heart and breathing rates, gradually cool body temperature helps your heart rate and breathing to return towards resting levels gradually.The stretches will keep you flexibler and prevent tightness, helping you avoid injury.